Please submit all entries to the Board office NO LATER than October 1st by 5:00 pm.
About the Award
The award annually honors the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® member whose ongoing efforts are making exceptional contributions to improve the quality of life in their community.
Among the activities that qualify for consideration are involvement in improving the quality of education in an area, supporting initiatives aimed at a community’s youth, and work on any other community-based program(s).
One winner will receive a $500 grant in their name to their selected charity. Additionally, a beautiful hand lettered plaque, indicating the name and description of the award will be presented at the December Annual Business meeting.
Eligibility Criteria and Rules
- Nominees must be members of the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® and in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the quality of life in a local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association - or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can be nominated as a pair and their nomination will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place within the last eighteen (18) months of submission, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another ABR member, a state or local association, or the community organization they served.
Complete and submit the official entry form, along with any required attachments. Entries must be received by October 1st by 5:00 pm. All entries shall become property of ABR and will not be returned.
Nominees' entry information will not be given to anyone outside of the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® and the judges; judges will receive only the information necessary to evaluate the candidate.
A $500 grant will be awarded to the community organization named on the entry form by the winner. Grants can be divided among more than one organization only if the winner has documented those organizations on the entry form.
The staff at the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® and Awards Committee members will not take phone calls or release any information regarding the judging process, or status of the entries.
Finalists must sign an affidavit of eligibility and be willing to be interviewed, photographed, filmed, and featured in the Atlanta Board newsletter and the ABR website, www.abr.org.
Award Committee judges, their families, staff of the Atlanta Board of REALTORS®, and all families of the aforementioned are ineligible to participate.
The Atlanta Board of REALTORS®, the Awards Committee and the judges are not responsible for late, stolen, or misdirected entries. Winners will be notified by telephone and mail.
Please call Sandy Zigler at the Board office, 404.732.0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.