Habitat for Humanity
The annual ABR-sponsored Habitat for Humanity build provides members the opportunity to become involved with a community service project that directly relates to our industry. Promoting home-ownership is the focus of our association so we encourage you to become involved in this build and participate in this heart-warming experience.
Who's Ready to Build a Dream in 2015?
This Fall the Board is happy to bring to life the Dream of Home Ownership for a deserving family during our 14th Habitat for Humanity home build. The seven week project takes place over a 7-week period, every Saturday from October 10th to November 21st. Each Saturday is assigned to a different company to provide a minimum of 40 volunteers to complete the 8 hour work day.
Additionally, Lunch sponsors are recruited to provide the volunteers with water, Gatorade, lunch, snacks, and all items needed for the work day such as trash bags, hand sanitizer, work gloves, etc. All items and lunch are coordinated by the staff liaison at the Atlanta Board office.
This is a great way to give back to the community while putting your company in the public eye. If you are interested in sponsoring one of the weekends, please contact Sandy Zigler at 404-732-0603.
Easy Registration For Our Upcoming Build
- Go to the volunteer registration website at www.atlantahabitat.volunteerhub.com.
- Create an account by clicking "Register". (If you have previously created an account, sign in and skip to Step 3.)
- Select a username and password.
- Enter your join code: ABR.
- The next screen should say that you have been joined to the following group: Atlanta Board of REALTORS®.
- Input your contact information.
- Click "Next".
- NOTE: At this point, you have not signed up for your build yet. You have only created an account.
- Click the "Sign Up" button under "Upcoming Events" to sign up for the day(s) of interest.
- Click "Sign Out".
After you sign up for a build day(s), you will receive a confirmation email with links for Atlanta Habitat background information, Rules to Build By, the Volunteer Release & Waiver, and directions to the build site.