Habitat for Humanity
We believe the annual ABR-sponsored Habitat for Humanity build provides our members the opportunity to become involved with a community service project that directly relates to our industry. Promoting homeownership is the focus of our association. We encourage our members to become involved in this build and participate in this heart-warming experience.
Highlights - Click To View
Week 1 - Better Homes & Garden Metro Brokers
Who's Ready to Build a Dream?
This Fall the Board is happy begin bringing to life the Dream of Home Ownership for a deserving family during our 13th Habitat for Humanity home build. The seven week project takes place over a 7-week period, every Saturday from September 13th to October 25th. Each Saturday is assigned to a different company to provide a minimum of 40 volunteers to complete the 8 hour work day.
Additionally, Lunch sponsors are recruited to provide the volunteers with water, gatorade, lunch, snacks, and all items needed for the work day such as trash bags, hand sanitizer, work gloves, etc. All items and lunch are coordinated by the staff liaison at the Atlanta Board office.
This is a great way to give back to the community while putting your company in the public eye. If you are interested in sponsoring one of the weekends, please contact Sandy Zigler at 404-732-0603.
Easy Registration For Your Upcoming Build
- Go to the volunteer registration website at www.atlantahabitat.volunteerhub.com.
- Create an account by clicking Register. (If you have previously created an account, sign in and skip to Step 3.)
- Select a user name and password
- Enter your join code: ABR
- The next screen should say that you have been joined to the following group.
Atlanta Board of Realtors
- Input your contact information.
- Click Next
NOTE: At this point, you have not signed up for your build yet. You have only created an account.
- Click the Sign Up button under Upcoming Events to sign up for the day(s) of interest.
- Click Sign Out
After you sign up for a build day(s), you will receive a confirmation email with links for Atlanta Habitat background information, Rules to Build By, the Volunteer Release & Waiver, and directions to the build site.