The ABR Market Brief is designed to offer an overview of the Atlanta residential market by providing a synopsis of sales, home prices and foreclosures. Covers 11 counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, and Paulding.
- Single family residential sales in Metro Atlanta totaled 4,355 in May 2013.
- Annually, this is a decrease of 1.8% compared to 4,359 total sales in May 2012.
- Monthly, this is an increase of 15.1% compared to 3,784 total sales in April 2013.
- The Median sales price for May 2013 was $200,000.
- Annually, this is an increase of 39.9% from the median sales price of $144,000 in May 2012.
- Monthly, median prices increased 5.3% in comparison to April 2013.
- Bank-owned sales in May 2013 were 13% of total sales, up slightly from 12% in April, but down from 39% of total sales in May 2012.
(March, April, May)
(2011, 2012, 2013)
Download the Press Release
For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 404.250.0051.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.