The ABR Market Brief is designed to offer an overview of the Atlanta residential market by providing a synopsis of sales, home prices and foreclosures. Covers 11 counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, and Paulding.
- Single family residential sales in Metro Atlanta totaled 3,611 in October 2012.
- Annually, this is an increase of 4.1% compared to 3,469 total sales in October 2011.
- Monthly, this is an increase of 2.5% compared to 3,523 total sales in September 2012.
- The Median sales price for October 2012 was $141,000.
- Annually, this is an increase of 22.6% from the median sales price of $115,000 in October 2011.
- Monthly, median prices remained the same in comparison to September 2012.
- Bank-owned sales in October 2012 were 35% of total sales, up a notch from 34%, and down from 48% of total sales in October 2011.
(August, September, October)
(2010, 2011, 2012)
For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 404.250.0051.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.